Sunday, July 24, 2005

Election Placard Spotted

As I was walking down to the local shops (Avonhead Mall), I spotted a large election placard for the local Labour candidate (Blanchard, Ilam) leaning against a fence. Technically this is naughty as such placards aren't supposed to be up until the election date has been announced. The intent from what I've heard is to have the placards visible over the weekend and then to hide them on Sunday night so that when the Council investigates on Monday morning, there's nothing to see.

I was more interested in the identity of the Labour Candidate as I hadn't heard of him before nor did I even know that Labour had selected a candidate (apparently he was appointed last November). My first reaction upon seeing his name was "who?" and my considered reaction upon looking him up on the internet is still "who?".